Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Feels like early October outside...​. December 30, 2013

12-30-2013

Hello again!

It was really great to talk to you guys on Christmas day! And I loved opening all my presents and eating so much food! And I loved seeing the Christmas Lights at the Mesa Temple that night, even though it was so crowded and I got really claustrophobic :) We went again last night (Sunday night) with an investigator and I enjoyed it much more! But I'll get to that.

So yeah, it was Christmas week! Not a good week for missionary work because everyone is gone. You would think everyone would be enjoying the weather down here for Christmas! Guess not. We were able to see a few members on Christmas Eve, and had a great party with the missionaries in our stake that night! There is a senior couple serving in our stake, so we all went to their place for our party. We ate so much food, and had a gift exchange, and went caroling around their apartment complex. And they live just inside the Phoenix mission, so now I feel so cool- we had to get special permission to go :)

After our party, all the sisters who were able to come went and had a sleepover! The sisters in Cave Creek ward live with members, but they were out of town so we had the place to our selves. We got to open presents in the morning together, and have a big companion study before heading home Christmas day. It was a lot of fun.

All the missionaries got together on Christmas day as well, to play sports and eat some more. Then we had a great dinner with the Reeves and went to the Christmas lights with them.

We were able to see a few people later in the week, but not too many. Saturday we spent all day biking- it started out okay, but ended not so good.... We walked our bikes for about three miles because I was too sore all over to ride, then called the sisters we live with for the last two miles so we could get home in time. One of the sisters rode my bike home and I got a ride. I'm not proud of it. But the Lord helped get me all the way around Scottsdale until dinner... and then we both just said no to afterwards. But I was able to get up Sunday morning and go to church, which is good because we had to give talks! Kind of a crazy weekend, but I'm not really limping anymore, that much :)

But, surprise surprise, an investigator came to church! Kerri is middle aged and dealing with Leukemia, but came to sacrament meeting and see went and saw the Christmas lights together! She asked us a lot of questions, and I think we did a pretty good job of answering them! We taught her about the restoration and about prophets and she seemed to enjoy the evening very much! Hopefully we can meet again soon.

Yep, the life of a missionary is crazy. I learn so much every day, and every day I become a stronger person and a better missionary. No matter what we are doing in life, we have our challenges. But I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to be happy. We have challenges so we can overcome them and learn and grow. I am thankful for my hard times, because I know I can be better by enduring and overcoming them, with the help of the Lord!

I love being a missionary, and I am so thankful for this chance I have to be serving here in Arizona. A mission is WORTH IT.

I love you all so much! Family and friends or whoever else, you rock. I miss you! Remember that God loves you!

Love, Sister Hailey Brown
 
 
Pictures:
 
 
 
Merry Christmas 2013!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment