Friday, December 27, 2013

Merry Christmas!​! and all that jazz... December 23, 2013

12-23-2013

Merry Christmas everyone! It's almost here!

I've been having a great time opening my 12 days of Christmas gifts every day! But the Christmas season is hard for missionary work because everyone is gone and super busy and just doesn't have the time to meet with us. It's a really good time though because we can talk to the people we do see about Christ's birth and the Mesa temple Christmas lights! So yeah...

Went on exchange this week! Best ever. Because Sister Brown and Sister White are invincible together! We had so much fun, and I love Hermana White so much! She is the sweetest person ever. And we only had about two people get really confused with our names. So I want to be her companion in the future! She really helped me get through that day, because some people are just plain mean. But we just kept going. And there are nice people out there! The hardest part is finding them.

We were able to do some service this week, helping a woman pack up her house to move and another family finish painting their hallway before family comes for the holiday. So that was awesome! Service just helps me feel like I'm doing something productive. Because sometimes we have days that feel completely useless. But we're helping people! And at least we're cleaning up our area book!

Well, we did contact a referral and met with her! Yvonne has a 15 year old daughter who is fighting bulimia and bi polar disorder and has been hospitalized a ton. We mostly just showed her that we also use the King James Version of the Bible, which she loves! and explained the Book of Mormon to her. She sounded like she might like coming to church and we think she'll come next week! So hopefully everything will go well with that!

We had a really good Zone Conference this week, and we're speaking in church next Sunday, after a mission farewell talk.

Oh! and I had the greatest surprise yesterday!! I walked into the chapel at church, and I saw one of my best friends Alix standing there! So I thought, "Oh, Alix! I'll go give her a hug." So we hug, and I start bawling because I'm so shocked and happy and surprised! It turns out she and her Mom have a time share they visit in the winter down here, and this is the ward they usually go to! And it just so happened that I'm serving here.... So we're going out to lunch on Tuesday. It is so crazy!

I can't really think of anything else really exciting.... We've been taking lots of pictures by cool Christmas lights! And the other night we ran out of people to see, so on our way home, whenever we passed super awesome Christmas light we ran up and put a flier for the temple lights in their door! So that was kind of fun. Sometimes you just have to make your own fun :)

I love you all so much! It's hard being away from home during the holidays, but as long as I stay busy it isn't so bad. Same goes to all you at home too! Stay busy and you won't even miss me :) Thanks for all of your support and love that you have sent, and thanks to the love and support I have gotten from the ward and stake! It always means a lot.

Have a Merry Christmas and stay happy! I think we can watch It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Day or New Years Day, so I won't even be missing out!

Share my love with Carmel and Jack and Jill! Tell them they better be there for next Christmas!

Love always!

Sister Hailey Brown
 
 
Pictures:
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment