Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Christmas Countdown....... December 22, 2014

12-22-2014

Merry Christmas everyone!

The weather here in Arizona is a bit chilly, but nowhere near the white Christmas I'm used to! But being on bike, it's plenty cold for me!! It's finally beginning to feel like Christmas- it's on everyone's minds now! I love being a missionary around the holiday season- but it is so hard to be white-washing an area right before Christmas, knowing that I'm leaving before the holidays are even over.

Many people don't have time for the missionaries in all the hustle and bustle, but we have found a few people who we may be able to meet with. We were able to contact some referrals who we will  be meeting with, and we found a woman named Heidi on accident, trying to find someone else who had moved. She has talked to missionaries before about what happens to us after we die, and has agreed to meet with us, after the holidays. :) But we are working hard to keep meeting people and getting to know this ward, and especially trying to meet the less active members in this ward. There is always work to be done, no matter where you go or what circumstance you are in.

I don't really know what else to say. I'll be home next week! I think I'll be emailing on Monday (it is still a P-day after all). But, I love serving my mission so much. In a way, I never want it to end. And I especially don't want school to start! I don't remember how to do school!

My mission has been such a blessing in my life. I feel like it has been really selfish of me, to serve a mission, and to do the Lord's work and meet so many wonderful people and have amazing experiences. I have to remember that I'm helping other people too! I truly am so thankful to have been blessed to be able to be a part of these people's lives, even just for a short time. I've learned so much on my mission, and I am so thankful for all my great times and my hard times, because I have become so much stronger, and I know more hard things are ahead of me. I am thankful the Lord has prepared me in this way. I ALWAYS want to live worthy to be His representative, and to follow His example.

I love you all! If you have a chance to serve a mission in your life, I hope you take it, because going on a mission is absolutely the BEST thing I have ever done. It's awesome :)

Love you! Have a safe and happy and wonderful Christmas! Talk to you soon!!

Love, Sister Hailey Brown

Pictures: 



Our Ward Mission Leader's cat likes to play! Especially in things she can get into.....


Poor sicky Sister Roberts, with Carmel, the dog that belongs to the member we live with.





No comments:

Post a Comment