Monday, June 2, 2014

Arizona Heat and Brithday Cake!..............June 2, 2014

6-2-2014

Hello Everyone! 

It was a birthday this week!  It was awesome :)

We had District Meeting, and one of the sisters let it slip that it was my birthday, so they all sang to me and we went out to lunch after to Macaroni Grill, where they brought me a little cake with candles and our waitress sang happy birthday in Italian. She was amazing! Turns out that is why she was hired :) 

Then someone told our dinner that night it was my birthday too! She bought a cake and a card and a balloon- and they don't even eat cake! And they sang again and I blew out all 22 candles she put on it. :)
The next day Sister Cole and I had another mini-party with all the accessories you sent me, mom! And we ate more cake. Since the members sent us home with the whole cake! Because they don't eat anything unhealthy, like cake. :) 

 Anyways! Great Birthday! I haven't celebrated that much since I was probably 10! Great times :)

This week I spent two days down in the Desert Ridge ward with Sister Baham, and we did a lot of knocking on doors in the heat. But we had fun :) But I did miss some exciting things in my ward! Sister Cole met with two new investigators this week! Hopefully I can meet them soon! And we were expecting about 5 nonmembers at church yesterday! But we ended up sitting alone. But it turns out Justin (investigator) and Tonya (returning less active) showed up in the middle of sunday school, so we had a lesson with them after church. So someone showed! yay!

We have a lot of good work going on here. Unfortunately it's being slowed by summer vacations. Too bad we don't get a summer vacation! But I am so thankful everyday that I live with members who keep the house at 70 degrees or cooler, and that the AC in our car works. Tender Mercies :)

I LOVE being on a mission and serving the Lord, because I know that I am doing the Lord's work and He is proud of me. I am learning to be more Christ-like everyday, and we are striving to help everyone we meet become closer to Christ! Even in the scorching heat, I love this work. :)

I love you all! Thank you for your support and your love! 

Love, Sister Hailey Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment