Friday, November 8, 2013

Well, it is flu season....November 4, 2013

11-4-2013
Hello again!
 
I never know what to say at the beginning of my emails. So here ya go.

This week was really good! Except I got sick. Just a little cold or something, I woke up Tuesday with a sore throat and Wednesday and Thursday was mostly spent sleeping. Friday I got a blessing from the Elders and since then it's tapered down to stuffy nose and hacking cough. I did get three nose bleeds on Friday, one during a lesson! That was fun. But I haven't had one since about Sunday, so I suspect my blood levels should be returning to normal soon :)

So I'm all right! I have energy to go and do, and I have some emergency tissues and a lot of hand sanitizer to go around! If I did get worse and they wanted me to go to a doctor I would have convinced them to let someone call you, Dad, and just fix me over the phone. Cause I don't go to doctors! I go to my Dad :)

I wasn't able to get my package off this week, so I'll try to get that off today or tomorrow. It's not too exciting, so don't get your hopes up, but it does have a birthday present for Mommie inside! You should record her opening it, or take pictures at least :) I want to know how you like it Mom! 

We contacted a former investigator named Bob from the area book in Show Low 1st ward, and we were able to meet with him and teach him about the plan of salvation. He has had the missionaries before, but he is super old and told us he doesn't remember a lot. He seems super open to us and agrees with what we have taught him! But he called this morning and has family coming to visit so he won't meet with us again until the end of November. Hopefully he will still progress. We're not sure exactly why he is a former and not a member, because he seems very accepting of what we have taught. It might just be an issue with commitment. He is also really old, and lost his wife four years ago and none of his children come visit him so he is super lonely, so maybe he just likes the company when missionaries come by to teach him :)

We were also finally able to meet with an investigator in Rainbow Lake Ward, a 15 year old girl named Courtney. The Elders had met with her several times, but with high school it has been hard to catch her. We reviewed the Restoration yesterday, and she is going to read and pray to know if it is true. And she showed an interest in coming to church! I hope we can continue to meet with her, and help her feel the power of the Holy Ghost.

And that lesson I had a nose bleed in... The zone leaders gave us a referral for Gail (who turned out to not actually be in our ward, great call ZLs). She told us she was a Mormon is the 60s, and Jehovah's witness in the 70s and 80s, and then she pretty much gave up religion. It was really weird, because she set up the appointment to meet with us, and she came home to a JW flyer in her door. And while we were there meeting with her, they knocked on her door. She was just flabbergasted, and told them to come back the next day. We taught her the Restoration, and her coworker was there who helped a lot (especially because I was still sick and not really coherent, and had tissues stuffed up my nose for at least 2/3rds of the lesson. I just nodded and bore testimony a lot). I did get all teary talking about how I know I'll be with my family forever!! Love you guys :) But we texted her the address to the church the next day, and she said she needed to rethink somethings and she'd let us know. I feel so sad because she is super confused, and two forces have showed up at her door and she needs to find out which one is truly from God! So we continue to pray for her, and maybe we'll contact her in a few weeks.

We also had stake conference this weekend... and guess who showed up! President Sweeney and his wife were there! It was awesome, and all about missionary work- a directive straight from the First Presidency. They both spoke over the two sessions, and the whole thing was just amazing and so inspiring. I hope the members were equally inspired!! It sounds like yours was really awesome too! I'm glad.

I love you all!! I hope everything is going great for you! It hasn't snowed here quite yet, but it's coming! we did get some strange soft hail earlier in the week... if that counts for anything. Make sure you stay warm in the cold! And stay healthy- getting sick is no fun! And take what you have learned about missionary work to heart- to be a friend to everyone! I know you are super nice, so try to show others how awesome you are! Even just to make friends, it's a great thing to do. 

I love you all so much! I can't even type it enough. Big hugs all around!!!!!

Love, Sister Hailey Brown

The District!

Sean and Tatiana got married on Saturday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment