Thursday, November 14, 2013

About that baptism...​. :) ..........November 12, 2013

11-12-2013
Hello family and friends!

I'm so glad you figured out it was a holiday yesterday, so all the missionaries got a little thrown off course. So today we are just emailing and then back to work! But I like that it's 11/12/13- awesome!

A LOT happened this last week! We went on a hike, most of my district, although it was more of a nature walk. We loved it!

Tuesday morning we had Zone Conference, and then exchange time! I went with Sister Yates (who I was with in the MTC!!) over to Pinedale and Linden area. Her and the sister training leader Sister Jones cover 3 wards, Pinedale, Linden, and Clay Springs, and the Cibeque branch on the reservation. I was so excited, because Wednesday is the only day they can make it out to Cibeque! and I could go! An older couple takes them out there each week and drives them around- because it takes 45 minutes to an hour to get there! So now I've officially been on a reservation, and Gila County :) It was a really empty place, sad really. It's amazing they even have a little LDS building to meet in! It looks like a one room schoolhouse, with an optional divider. they say they have close to 50 members there on a good day- but there aren't a lot of those. The poor sisters are overloaded with all the work they have! They really need to split their area, and I think they're looking into it. Of course, our area needs to be split too, and the other sisters' area in Taylor...  there just aren't enough missionaries! 

We have over 80,000 missionaries out, which is 40,000 companionships. I heard there are 30,000 wards in the world. Each ward should have it's own set of missionaries! I hear wards in the valley each have their own set- which not nearly as much work as a ward up here has. President says we are getting 13 new missionaries right before Thanksgiving- not very many! I may not be training soon after all! And because we're white washing, Sister Knight thinks we'll be here for a few months. maybe they'll split our area and we'll each take a ward! That would be crazy :)

But let's get to the best part of the week- Sean's baptism! We started the day out in White Mountain Lakes, which we had only been to once before, briefly, with a member. Man this place is crazy! I was going to take pictures of us walking in the middle of nowhere that is actually inhabited, but we stopped to talk to a man outside his house. Nothing happened from it, he's moving and all, but he loves Mormons- and already has a Book of Mormon, of course! We gave him our number, so hopefully we at least got him thinking about it again! 

Anyway, baptism. Headed out to Taylor after a really early dinner at four (thankfully the members were willing to move up an hour!) we got there a bit early- which is good because they changed the time from 6:30 to 6, and someone's Zone Leaders dropped the ball and didn't get the message to me. But it was so great! He got baptized, and Tatiana was there, and all the kids being adorable and hilarious and messing with each other during the talks. I bawled and bawled- mostly because I missed everything so much. Sister Hubmann updated me on the area, and good or bad I just cried. The Sister dropped Eli, because he was too hard to meet with. I'm devestated, but they did what they needed to do. But now Sean is Baptized! My first baptism! And I taught him a little :) And I'm so excited that a year from now they can be sealed together for eternity to their children! I'll still be on my mission so I can't go :( oh well! As long as it happens :)

The work is going here... Slowly but surely. It's always hectic and crazy! I'll try to make my email next week about the people we are working with, but for now I'm out of time! Thanks for everything you all do for me! and thanks to the best family EVER for the best homemade cards I never expected! You are all awesome and I love you so much! Stay safe and warm and healthy! Keep me updated!!

Love, Sister Hailey Brown


Pictures:

Sean's Baptism!
 
Chanda!
 
 
Pinetop Lakeside:
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Missionary Hike:
  
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cibeque:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment