Monday, November 3, 2014

In PV Stake, but not PV................ November 3, 2014

11-3-2014

So Hi again!

Did I mention that I'm living in the same apartment that I first moved into a year ago when I came to the valley? On the corner of Union Hills and Tatum in Phoenix. I'm even in the same bedroom! Only now we have a bunk bed- I'm on top. We don't need to talk about that. :)

We live in this apartment because the Paradise Valley stake includes Paradise Valley (I'm guessing, haven't seen it) but on this northern end we're all north Phoenix. My area here is similar to the north part of Chaparral Ward in North Scottsdale. The funny part is, that ward actually had Paradise Valley in it!

So I'm getting the know my area here, not too far from where I used to be. Shadow Mountain Ward had a trunk or treat, so Sister Entin and I switched name tags for our costumes. Nobody knew who I was and kept looking at my name tag... boy were they confused!


On Halloween the Temple invited all the missionaries to come do temple work, because they would be rather empty and they don't want us out on Halloween night anyway! So we braved our way through traffic and made it to the Mesa Temple- it was wonderful :)


We are working with several women who left the church in their youth but are working on coming back to activity, and we are doing a lot of service for Sharon, an investigator who moved here within the last few years and never unpacked a million boxes packed to the ceiling in her garage. Good times! 

I'm still getting to know my way around. We had a great stake conference this weekend, so I'll know more of our ward members next week! It's still warm down here, but I'm happy that I'm serving the Lord exactly where He wants me to be. :)

I love you all so much! You are amazing! 

Don't forget to pray! :)

Love, Sister Hailey Brown


the sisters we live with, Hermana Brandley and Hermana MacKillop. Love them!




No comments:

Post a Comment