Thursday, October 16, 2014

Another Drizzly Week- We Love The Rain!!...October 13, 2014

10-13-2014

Hello! I'm writing a bit later today because we had a sisters conference in St. John's for the sisters in the mountains this morning, which was really good! We'll take some time tomorrow to get the rest of our P-day things done, we just need to do everything that's in town today so we don't have to use the miles tomorrow!

Best news: Anne Marie passed her baptism interview! I was a little worried, wondering if she was ready to make this commitment and really understanding it all,  but she seems to be doing great. I'm excited to be here for her baptism on the 25th! She has really let the Gospel of Jesus Christ influence and change her life for the better. I love seeing the result of the Lord's work!

We met some other people in our wards, less actives and such, who I am excited to work with! But, we got a leak of transfer news- Sister Krutsch is the only one who is going to stay in this area come October 28th. I was pretty bummed about the news- I really thought this would be my last area! But I guess the Lord has one more place in mind for me. I asked President today what my chances are of staying the mountains (after all, Mom, you just send me all my cold weather clothes!!) and he said it's a 50-50 chance right now. So, I know I'll be leaving, but I don't know where I'm going. But I am so thankful for the chance I have had to serve in this area and meet so many new people! My companions have helped me so much, and I am so thankful for them as well :)

Wait, I just thought of the other Best News: A woman named Colleen saw the elders in walmart last monday, went up to them and said, "I want to be a member of your church!" So, these great elders got her information and sent it in, and we got the referral the same day. We contacted Colleen on Tuesday, and she is really lonely and want's to belong to a church that will love her and that she can get involved in. She has a long way to go, along with a slew of medical problems (and other problems too, of course), but she seems genuine and we already have such a love for her! We visited her last night, and just testifying of God's love for us brought the Spirit into her home. I'm thankful for everyone who has helped her in little ways to be led to some people who can help her find some direction in life.
I am so thankful for this gospel and this church! I love my Savior, and know that I am able to do everything I do because of Him. But, here's a shout out to you as well! I love you all!!

Love, Sister Hailey Brown


pictures- we finally found a tarantula. intriguing and terrifying. don't look if you don't want to see! 















No comments:

Post a Comment