Friday, October 10, 2014

A Great Week with General Conference!!...... October 6, 2014

10-6-2014

So hello again!

Yesterday I watched my very last session of General Conference that I will watch on the mission. I can't believe how fast this time has flown by! I am so thankful every day that I chose to serve a mission, and I receive so many blessings and good times because of it.

So, I think we ALL LOVED General Conference! We watched the Sunday Morning session with our investigator Anne Marie, and she loved it! She even called in sick to work so she could watch the last session too :) Each member of the First Presidency especially impressed her: President Uchtdorf (whom she refers to as Deiter), President Eyring (she doesn't remember his name) and our prophet, President Thomas S Monson- she remarked after his talk about how humble he is! I love all of them so much, and I think she does too :) And, she likes Deiter F. Uchtdorf's hair :)

Anne Marie is still planning on being baptized on the 25th, so we are getting the ball rolling! We are so excited for her, and I think she is excited too :)

We were well taken care of for conference, so no worries! I ate so much food everywhere we went!

We had a lesson with our investigator Dan on Friday, which went really well. He asked us what makes our church different from other Christian churches. So, we again taught him about the Restoration of the Priesthood and Gospel of Jesus Christ to the earth. We also read to him the baptism interview questions, which will help him see what we plan to teach him so he will be able to understand the standards and commandments we keep. We think the questions kind of threw him for a loop... He had stated earlier that he just wanted to be baptized into a Christian church. We hope we will be able to keep meeting with him, and that he may be able to understand and to feel the Spirit of God touch his heart. He didn't come to any of the sessions of conference, except the Priesthood session- which is great! We will try to set up a time to meet with him this week to see how he is feeling about it all.

I love you people oh so very much! I am so thankful for your influences in my life and for your love and support. Thanks for everything you do!!!!

Love, Sister Hailey Brown

pictures-


we saw a big ole herd of deer! I love the wildlife up here!


Sitgreaves National Forest, I believe. We headed in there to go visit some members!



No comments:

Post a Comment