Monday, October 20, 2014

A Beautiful Miracle.............. October 20, 2014

10-20-2014

So hello again everyone! We had a great week down here in the White Mountains of Arizona, with a bit of rain and a bit of sun. We love it!

So, the biggest news- two baptisms! this Saturday! Man, I will be running around like a crazy person that day, trying to make sure it all goes right! Michael, who is married to a member, has been trying to meet with the mission president back since this area was in the Tempe Mission, because he has been on parole and had some other questions. We were FINALLY able to work out that visit, with a little help from our awesome mission president and his wife, President and Sister Sweeney. We met at the Linden chapel, and smushed together in the truck (because we weren't sure if their car would make it) and went out to Michael's house for our appointment. And it was great! President set up Michael's baptism date. This baptism has been four years in the making. The entire ward is so excited, and we are so blessed to be able to see this miracle take place!

Anne Marie has officially been taught all the lessons and is good to go! We are so excited for her as well! She is so ready for her baptism, to be clean from the sins of her past and begin a new fresh life.
I have been so blessed to be here in this beautiful, spacious, and spread-out area. It's probably good I'm going to leave here next week because I might accidentally pick up the country accent and loose my English grammar skills! I love the people up here, and I am so thankful for the friends and acquaintances I have made, and for those that I have been given the chance to help. I love serving the Lord on a mission, and I wouldn't be anywhere else!

I love you all! Go check out "A Word for the Hesitant Missionary" if you want some good words from President Uchtdorf!

Be happy and stay true! Love you!


Sister Hailey Brown








No comments:

Post a Comment