Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Fun at the hospital this week! ..........​......Sept​ember 1, 2014

9-1-2014

Before you all freak out, we were in the hospital visiting Brandon before and after his surgery. He FINALLY had his gallbladder taken out on Thursday! He is still in pain, but came to a baptism on Saturday and church yesterday, and we have his baptism set for Tuesday Sept. 9 at 7 pm, so his mom can be there :) We are so excited for him! I am so thankful for all of your prayers on his behalf.

So basically, we spent most of our time this week at the hospital or doing service cleaning for a few people. We were able to meet with Andrea and her children to teach the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. But boy those girls have a short attention span! We are going to review what they learned tonight. But they love having us come over! Andrea came to church yesterday, but the older girls were with their dad and couldn't come. We are excited, because Andrea actually seems excited! I think she really does want to return to the church. There are so many blessings that she needs and that she can receive, and she knows and can see that. We still need to work on her testimony, but really, who among us isn't working to strengthen their own testimony? We are all on the same path, although we may just be at different places.

We are really working on contacting as a mission, as well as teaching members how everyone can do missionary work. We have a lot of work to do! But we are working hard to do what we can to serve the Lord to the best of our abilities. I am so thankful for this chance I have to serve and to learn! I found out my release date, in order to be home in time for school, is December 31. Don't know how I feel about that. Besides stressed! But I'm not thinking about it too much, and don't ask how much longer I have or how long I've been out because I've stopped keeping track! :) I've been out a little over a year, and I go home in December. I'm not doing the math, I'll get depressed! I love being out here, knowing that I am doing exactly what my Heavenly Father wants me to. This is the hardest thing I've ever done, but without a doubt it is the most rewarding!

I am so thankful for all of you! I really wish I had pictures to send to you... so I'll work on that this week. Still need a picture of me on my bike, huh? :)

I love you all!!

Loves,
Sister Hailey Brown


This is a picture from LDS.org. We ALMOST look this happy when we bike :)

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment