Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Another Transfer Successfully Avoided.......August 6, 2014

8-6-2014

So, yes! I am still serving here in the Mesa 5th Ward in the Maricopa North Stake with Sister Tucker. Thank goodness! We have a lot of good things going on!

Brandon set a date to be baptized!! He chose September 20th. Except, that's all the way after the NEXT transfer, so we may try to move it up a week or two. We are so excited for him! He is already integrated into the ward and the Young Men, we are so happy!

Justin and Julia made it to all three hours of church last Sunday! And the ward has really just taken them under-wing :) They already seem like members! They still have so much to learn, but they both have said that what we have taught them seems right- it just clicks. And it does! The Gospel of Jesus Christ makes so much sense. Historically and through the power of the Holy Ghost, it feels like a no-brainer. But so often, past thoughts and influences confuse the pure and simple truth of the Gospel. If we are open to the quiet and gentle tugs of the Spirit, we will know the truth. I've found that we must be humble, and have faith in our Savior and our Eternal Father, to find the truth.

I am so thankful that I have been blessed to know the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have been so blessed to be raised by a mother and a father who love the Lord, and have taught me and my sisters from when we were small to love Him as well. Our family has been blessed by their example and faithfulness. Over the last year, and even before the mission, I have seen so many families torn apart by the ways of the world, and even families who are faithful and true, yet lack the love that I knew while growing up. I know that it is through the Gospel of Jesus Christ and by following our prophets that our families are blessed. So, thanks Mom and Dad. Your example means the world to me.

So! We are plugging along on our bikes in the heat! We haven't gotten caught in a rainstorm yet, but they are here and I love them! 

Ok.
I LOVE YOU!!!

Love, Sister Hailey Brown





No comments:

Post a Comment