Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Onward and Upward! Headed North, but not what you might think.....​May 14, 2014

5-14-2014

Hello Family! and the everyone who doesn't share my genes, hi to you too!

If you didn't skype with me on Mother's day, than you haven't heard the news- I'm getting transferred! Or, rather, I've been transferred! I'm in the same stake but a different ward- Cave Creek Ward in the Scottsdale North Stake. We cover a huge area including the towns of Cave Creek, Carefree, and who knows what else! Maybe part of a National Forest too..... :) My new companion is Sister Cole, and for the next few days I'll have Hermana White as a companion too! We are taking the area from her, but it doesn't need to be white-washed, so she is showing us around and introducing us to people until Saturday. Then she will go to her new area! President and Sister Sweeney will take her up to the Fort Apache Reservation near Show Low on their way to Eager on Saturday.

Cave Creek Ward is an EXCELLENT ward, with a lot of potential and hard working members! I'm excited to be here, but nervous to be taking on such precious cargo. But I'm trusting in the Lord! He knows what He is doing with me and the ward. :) There must be something here for me to do! I'm excited to work and get to know the area and the people.

We're actually living with another set of sisters right now, because the member home we live at has company over. So we'll move in next Monday. Unfortunately, that means I get to live out of suitcases until then. this is gonna get rough! But we just had three missionaries relocated here from Ukraine, and they told us about how rough it was for them, so I am never complaining again. At least, I'll try! They had to be evacuated and had a day's notice to leave. I am so blessed to be serving in the United States, in an area where I know I have a mattress on a bed frame and buildings that are up to code. We truly are blessed with so much!

Don't know much else of what to say.. I'll know more next week! But just seeing the area and the people yesterday was amazing. I'll really going to miss Chaparral Ward, but they'll keep going! And Brenda told me she would definitely invite me to her baptism!!

I love you guys! I'm so thankful for the opportunity I have to be here serving a mission and doing the work of the Lord in Arizona. I may not be as far out of the heat as I would like, but God puts us through our challenges to make us stronger! :)

Be happy!!

Love, Sister Hailey Brown

picture: Sister White, Sister Cole, and me! and a huge cactus is the background :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment