Monday, May 5, 2014

Mario and No-Shows..​.. and 102 degrees!..​..................​. May 5, 2014


5-5-2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELIZA!!!!!! SWEET SIXTEEN YEAHHHHH!!!!!

and Hi everyone else!! :)

This week was pretty great! A young woman in our ward brought her friend Mario to church a week ago, and then texted us letting us know he wanted to meet and learn about the church!! He grew up a Jehovah's Witness, but never felt fulfilled in his religion. We met and taught him the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and he sincerely wants to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know the truth! We are super excited to be teaching him!

We also had TWO great lessons with Summer (the inactive member) and her four sweet daughters. We taught them about Lehi's dream, and they begged us to come back the next day! They had so many questions that were answered by the Plan of Salvation so we taught them about God's plan for us. They ask the best questions! I don't think I've had anyone ask me on my mission where God came from and how he become God! And these girls are all in elementary school! I love them SO MUCH!!! We invited them to come to church and sing fun songs in primary but they didn't come :(

We went to another ward's baptism on Saturday, and Brenda was supposed to come but was running late... and never showed. But she said FOR SURE she would be at church.... but nothing. We were really disappointed. We've been meeting with her for almost 5 months now, and I feel like we're going nowhere. She is really sick a lot, or busy, which is understandable.... I just wish we could help her see how much her life could be blessed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ! She hasn't been to church in probably 6 weeks. We'll keep trying! 

The missionary work is rough sometimes. And it isn't any easier now that summer has decided to come on full force.

Saturday was hot.
 



But it was even hotter two minutes later-





Don't mind the dust- it's everywhere down here!

Anyways, almost died, no big deal. Pray for me.

 

I love you all! Mom sent me some pictures of the front yard and it is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the beauty of Arizona, but I really miss the lush green soft beauty of Logan, Utah. I kind of wish I was serving for two years and so I would be coming home in the middle of summer, not winter!! I'll see what I can work out :)

Take care of our sweet family! Every day I testify that the most important thing in the world is our families. I have seen how blessed I have been by my sweet and loving family, and I pray that all families can find that pure peace and happiness that only comes through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love you all so much! Even if we're not family and you're reading this... I love you! You must be awesome if you're reading this anyways..... :)

Love you all! Thanks for all your prayers and your support! I'll let you know next week if I'm still alive here in Scottsdale or (preferably) chilling out a bit somewhere a bit cooler!!! 

LOVE YOU!!! BYYYYEEEEEEEEE

Sister Hailey Brown



 

No comments:

Post a Comment