Monday, February 24, 2014

The heat doesn't keep the sickness from coming.... February 24,2014

2-24-2014

Hello again! Weren't we just here? I'm really not that exciting guys. I mean, it wasn't even me who got sick! So no worries :)

Nope, it was sweet Sister Tucker who got sickysick again. So for a few days last week we went on exchanges so Hermana Garrett was able to get some fresh air! And so they could make their appointments. 

In case you were wondering....

 
From left to right: Sister Carambelas, Sister Tucker, Hermana Garrett, and me! Sister Brown :)

This is a picture we took this morning with the heart necklaces you sent Momma! Thanks for the package!!!! It made my week when I got it Thursday :)

And you can see the dollar store purchases we made to spice up our apartment.... the banner overhead we sometimes let down and play volleyball with a balloon over, and the plastic tablecloth. We have fun :)

Anyway, back to this last week.... we didn't get as much done as we had planned because of the splits we did, but I did get some much needed down time when I stayed hope with Sister Tucker! i feel asleep on the couch at 7:30 or 8 and the other sister woke me up at 10:30 to go to my bed :) Best night's sleep ever! I felt great the next day :)

We got to see Doina once this week, but couldn't stay long. We tried to talk to her about prayer, and shared a verse or two in 3 Nephi 18 when Christ is talking about prayer. But we're not sure how much she got from us... We're still looking for a reliable Romanian translator to help us out! The one in our ward is too busy to come with us. :(

We also taught Brenda the first half of the plan of salvation! And on Saturday we came over to help her clean for some family she has coming over this week. We are going to talk to her about baptism again soon, and hopefully set a date! It may not be really soon, but we want her to be working towards a goal. And although she is still recovering from shingles, she made it to church yesterday! Just in time to hear me bear my testimony, but missed Sister Carambelas's right before me. But she liked sitting on the couch for the meeting :) We had a great Relief Society lesson on Elder Holland's talk from last conference, "Like a Broken Vessel." I love that talk so much! I remember sitting in the chapel up in Taylor last October, my first area on my mission, and hearing the words he was saying come directly at me. We had had a great morning listening to the first session with some great people, and for some reason I just got super depressed and was really struggling when Jeffrey R. Holland got up to talk- and I was like BAM! I love that talk SO MUCH! there is always hope! And God will always love us! Anyway, everyone should go read it. Here, I'll even post a link :) listen or read!


We're all working really hard out here! We all show it in different ways though. The mission is so hard, and I don't think anyone could go through this without knowing that this is true. We are doing what the Lord has commanded all of us to do- spread His Gospel! I have strengthened my testimony just by facing everyday challenges while on my mission. I know how much the Lord helps me and how much God loves me and every one of His children!

Well, time's about up- again! thanks for all your support and love- even if I don't see it, thanks :)

I love you all! Be good and remember: "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have JOY." So let's all be joyful! Not just temporary earthly satisfaction, but eternal and everlasting joy, which can and is only found be living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So I'll be working on this, and I hope you all are too! I love you!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Sister Hailey Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment