Thursday, February 20, 2014

What even happened this week? It's all a blur..... February 19. 2014

2-19-2014

Well! I guess I can start off my saying that I DID stay in my area! I survived the transfer! Sister Carambelas and I are still together in the Chaparral ward! We love it here! Although I'm already getting hot in the high 80's during the day...

So, what did we do this week? We took Brenda to the Gilbert Temple Open House last Monday and we all loved it! 
 
 

Then she got really sick with shingles so we haven't been able to see her. But we have plans to see her this week when she isn't contagious anymore!

We were able to take a few dogs for walks, trying to talk to people and get around. We'll definitely keep trying that one! But more fun than dog walking was drawing the Plan of Salvation with chalk at the park! We had so much fun, and we definitely are planning on doing it again!
 
 

Thanks for the chalk Mom!! :)

We were able to talk to Doina again, and get her a Restoration pamphlet in Romanian. So hopefully we'll be able to bring our translator with us next time! She and her husband have expressed an interest in attending church so we'll have to see what happens!

Do you remember our investigator that we met with just once last transfer, Yvonne? Her daughter is bulemic and bi-polar. We went by again to see how she is doing, and she has to give her daughter 24 hour care and just isn't in a place where she can meet with us. It is so hard to not be able to help in some way! But she still has her Book of Mormon, and we told her we would keep in touch.

Um, super fun thing we still Tuesday morning- we were asked to substitute for seminary! Besides getting up over an hour early, it was the best thing ever! We had a really great time with the students who were there, talking about Helaman chapters 3 and 4, and how we are strengthened with the Lord on our side! And we talked about humility and being an example. We loved it!

We also were able to meet with John again, who was going to get baptized but didn't because of family issues. We are going to try to keep him involved with the church- he really wants to help out and serve the church! he really is a great guy.

And somehow or another, we still had a great time on Valentine's day. The sisters we live with heart attacked our room and gave us gifts! we had good times :)

Well, the rest of the week was normal, mostly. Taking naps at lunchtime, knocking on a billion doors... it's amazing how many people just don't answer, and we know they are there. And the worst part is- they're the members! But we find the other people who love us, so it all evens out :)

I am so happy to be here on my mission! I love strengthening my testimony, and I love trying to help others to find theirs!

I know that God loves us, and that there is a reason we are all here. I know that God has called a modern day prophet to lead and guide us today, just as he did in the Bible. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and I love it!

I love YOU!!!

Love, Sister Hailey Brown
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment