Thursday, January 23, 2014

What even happened this last week?.....​January 21, 2013

1-21-2014

Hello, and happy Tuesday. No computers on the holiday!

So I don't even remember what I did last week. I guess I'll look in my planner and give you a quick run down of the good stuff.

Brenda! We met with her twice last week. Saturday night she fed us dinner and we taught her the Restoration, and she said it felt different from the other times she's been told the story of Joseph Smith. She felt it soft and gentle, she said. She doesn't want to pray to know if it is true until she has a clearer understanding, but we are taking her to the Mesa Temple Visitor's Center to see Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration, which is apparently the best movie of all time according to Sister Carambelas. and lds.org says that it is now on hulu, so you all should go watch it! We'll be going this Friday. We are also going with Brenda to the Gilbert temple open house on the 6th of February! we are so excited! But the best part of it all may be that she came to church, all three meetings! It was amazing, and sacrament meeting was all about conversion and the blessings of being a member of the church- Brenda asked us if we had told the speakers what to talk on! It was crazy.

We had dinner Friday night with a part member family and the husband is Jewish. So we all had their Sabbath meal together, and he read Hebrew and did some things with grape juice and challah bread. I hope I don't sound insensitive, I really don't know what to call it! It was really neat though, and really good! Only slightly awkward :)

We've also been meeting with a Catholic man who met with the missionaries several years ago. He isn't really investigating exactly, but we are teaching him what we believe and hope and pray something touches his heart. He is super versed in the Bible and it sounds like his job is being a catholic seminary teacher. So that is really interesting! and super stressful. Because if we aren't getting anywhere we can't continue to meet with him.

Well, that's the most exciting things going on! I'm learning how to be trainer, and struggling some. I want so badly to be a good missionary and I feel like I constantly fall short. But I guess that's another place where the Savior will pick up my slack. I can't be perfect on my own, and I do mess up, but I know that the Lord loves me and He loves the effort I am putting forth. I am so thankful for the Atonement that we all have in our lives, for the plan our Heavenly Father provided so that we could be happy not just here on earth, but forever! I am so thankful for the chance I have to be sharing this message of joy with the world. Thanks to everyone who is supporting me! I love you all!

Stay warm up in the snow!! I'll try to stay cool, because I'm already struggling with the heat!!! :)

Love, Sister Hailey Brown

 
 
 
 
 
These are some of the bunnies that are all over the place!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment