Monday, January 27, 2014

Hola Familia! And anyone else who cares.....​.....Janua​ry 27, 2014

1-27-2014

Wow what a week. Is anything more exhausting than serving a mission? Maybe being a doctor or something, but let's not think about that. It makes me more tired :)

So we saw some people this week! Members and investigators and even a less active or two. We were able to make a few appointments and drop in on some people, so it was a pretty good week for that!

On Friday we went with Brenda and a member to the Mesa Temple Visitor's Center, to see the movie "Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration." We hadn't seen her since Sunday so we were happy! The movie was awesome, but I kind of hated it because it make me cry so much. After the movie we walked around the visitor's center, and we sat down for a few minutes and Brenda asked a few questions. It went really well! We thought she would make it to church yesterday but didn't show up, but she did ask us to come by today at 4 to see her. So we're still going forward!

Something really awesome did happen this week. On Friday, during weekly planning, we texted an investigator we have been trying to meet with, Jenna, and she called us. She said her boyfriend had just kicked her out and she asked me to say a prayer for her over the phone. So my companion and I knelt, put the phone and speaker, and I prayed for her. She told us about an Affirmations book she is reading, things to make you feel better and more positive I think, and she shared one about how, no matter how big our dreams and hopes are, God will always help us achieve them. She was so sweet, and asked to come to church with us on Monday -then corrected herself to Sunday :) We made plans to get a member to drive us over and pick her up, and she asked what to wear and if she could invite her boyfriend if he was still talking to her. I've only met her once, on her doorstep in the dark and we talked for a few minutes while my last companion and I wrangled her ferret and told her about Joseph Smith and the Priesthood. But we got a text yesterday morning from her phone, her boyfriend telling us she has the flu or something. So instead of two investigators at church we had zero, but that's what I'm used to so it's okay :) I just want to meet with Jenna so bad! She said that she feels God is directing her (and her boyfriend) to the church. I wanted to jump up and down and say YES HE IS!!!! I could feel love for her, and I could feel God's love for her. So we are trying to help her in any way we can, and we may just drop in sometime this week to visit!!!

I went on exchange up to the Cave Creek ward with Sister Tenney on Saturday, and we got to go to the Gilbert Temple Open House! It was gorgeous and I did not want to leave! If any of you get a chance, you should swing by sometime in the next few weeks to see it! Biggest temple they've built in 17 years, ya know! 

I feel like those are the weekly highlights...... We keep plowing through! I love you all and I cannot say enough how much I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the full and complete truth on the earth today! I want everyone to have the happiness that the gospel brings.

I love all of you so much! Thanks for all of your support and love back!!!

Love, Sister Hailey Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment