Monday, July 7, 2014

A Week of Everything New- like my Bike. ...........July 7, 2014

7-7-2014

Well hello again! How's it going?

Some of the most exciting news is, it's almost my year mark! That should be good! Sometimes I can't believe I've made it this far, but on days like today, I think, Really? is that all?

It has been a long, rough week. On Wednesday I got Emergency Transferred ( or ETed) down to the Mesa 5th ward, because a Sister had to go home to get some medical things figured out. But she plans on coming back in six months! What's neat is now I am companions with Sister Tucker, who I lived with in Scottsdale for the six months I covered Chaparral Ward and she covered Palo Verde Ward. So the good news is, we know each other really well. The bad news is, she really misses her old companion. But I am really excited to be here in this ward! The people here are super nice and the ward seems like they want to learn how to be member missionaries, and we are all for that!! :)

The bike hasn't been as hard as thought it would be, because our area is so small. But truthfully, I haven't been out for a full day on bike yet. And yes, it is regularly 100 degrees outside. And yes, the humidity is beginning to pick up. I love sweat. And yes, I will try to get a picture of me on my bike!

We had something really cool happen! We were meeting with a 17-year-old investigator named Brandon, reading the Book of Mormon with him, and we got stuck at his apartment because a severe dust storm- it was awesome!! We couldn't ride our bikes home, and his mom made us stay there until it was safe it go out. Our Sister Training Leaders came and picked us up when it was clear enough to drive again. But we got to keep teaching Brandon! He is such a great kid who has had almost all of the lessons, and we got to teach him some more! We were so blessed not to be out riding when the storm hit! Of course, we did get the warning on our phone, so we would have been fine :)

We are meeting with- or trying to meet with- many less active individuals and families in our ward, and many of them have a desire to repent and become better. And the members here are working to be missionaries, and I am so excited to help them!

I feel like I don't have a lot of anything exciting the say, but I know how much I love being here on a mission. Looking back over the past here, I can see how much I have grown, in my testimony, my knowledge of the gospel, and my ability to handle difficult situations! Everything I do here on the mission will help me in my life afterwards. And the experiences I am having now are priceless, and couldn't come from any other way. I am so thankful for the knowledge we have been given of our Savior Jesus Christ, and His role in our Heavenly Father's plan for us. 

I love you all! thank you for your support and your love!

Love, Sister Hailey Brown



Here are my last pictures of Cave Creek:

The best animal crossing sign ever!


Us with Jan, who is preparing to go to the temple. Love her!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment