Monday, August 12, 2013

Literally almost everyone here is a Mormon or definitely not a Mormon for a reason....August 12, 2013

8-12-13
Hello Family!

This last week has been full of interesting things!

I got the package and the letters last Monday afternoon, basically right after I sent the email. Thanks so much for everything! I haven't had a chance to use the Plan of Salvation cards, but I hope to soon! And I'm looking forward to reading those talks!

So Monday we went to Show Low and got the car fixed at the dealership- too bad it took all day! But after we went to Walmart, and guess what? The couple ahead of us in line bought mine and my companion's groceries- over $100! I almost started crying! Everyone here is so nice it just about kills me! Literally almost everyone here is a Mormon or definitely not a Mormon for a reason. Our numbers stink and we don't have any investigators, but we are working with getting a lot of less actives to church. We're seeing slow progress! And the members here are super nice and feed us every day we need them do! I'm eating good out here! I even had fresh slaughtered pork and corn on the cob and fresh cow's milk for dinner last night- topped off with homemade ice cream from that milk. So delicious!

Monday night and Tuesday morning Sister Wadsworth had a freak-out- but it was for a reason. We couldn't feel the Spirit in our apartment. When I figured that out, we grabbed our bags halfway through study Tuesday morning and drove to the stake center around the block. We called our mission president and his wife until one of them called us back- Sister Sweeney did and said she'd talk to Pres. We called the Zone Leaders to give us blessings, and the Stake President came. And then we went back to our apartment and cast out the evil spirit. No joke guys. Satan can work in very tangible ways to bring us down, especially when you are doing the Lord's work and are strong in the Gospel. During the prayer after I felt my body physically relax, although I didn't know I was tense. After that our senior companion zone leader dedicated our apartment for the work of the Lord. it was a crazy and amazing experience.

Tuesday night we took Shawn and Tatiana and their kids to the temple- where we promptly got eaten alive by mosquitoes. My feet and ankles were so swollen, and they're just barely going down now. It was so amazing to be there with them! I hope they make progress soon!

Friday morning we got special permission to go to the 5:30 AM session at the temple- which was amazing! Although I can't remember all of it, because sometimes I would blink, and then my eyes wouldn't open for a while..... but so good! I can't wait to go back next month!

Wednesday night to Thursday night I was in Snowflake for exchanges! My companion was Sister Jones- we were in the MTC together. I actually got to teach a nonmember and real lesson! We taught the 10 commandments, the law of chastity, and repentance. She's not all the way there mentally, but it was a great experience and I need to ask Sis jones about Linda soon! We're exchanging again tonight- I'll go with Sis Sanchez this time to Snowflake. So excited!

Wish I could write you everything! But I'm already halfway through my journal in only a month's time, so I'm sure you'll get a huge read when I'm home!

I love you all so much! I am so thankful for all that you do for me to support me while I'm away. I miss you, but I'll see you soon enough! Good luck getting ready for school to start! School started here last week so enjoy the last of your vacation you lucky dogs!

Try to look for opportunities to share the gospel! That's one thing we're working on now- Active Member Commitments. We can't tract here, so members are just about the only way for us to find people (and even if we could tract it's pretty ineffective). So be aware! Lots of people don't even know what they're missing.

Also, encourage people who have missionaries over to tell the missionaries if they are planning on feeding them. Because we eat at 5, but we had someone surprise feed us at a 6:15 appointment. It was totally a missionary miracle we eat another meal and not want to die!

The Lord is taking care of me and is taking care of all of you too!! Be safe!

Love, Hailey/Sister Brown
 
 
Pictures:
 

Sister Brown


 

Arizona Snowflake Temple

 


Sister McCashland and Sister Brown
 

Sister Brown and Sister Jones
 


the view from dinner
 
 
 



the "redneck scooter" the kids made themselves
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment