Thursday, August 22, 2013

Almost out for a month!!.....August 19, 2013

8-19-2013
Hello hello!!

So it sounds like it's been crazy for everyone! I wish I was there to see Morgan get off to college, so you'll have to keep me updated! And I want pictures Morgan! Eliza is almost done with drivers ed, and that is crazy to me. You'll be driving when I get home! Can't wait to see it :) And Shae! the semester awaits you. I'm excited for you all to start school again! I want to hear all about it!

I'm sorry you've been feeling down Mom, that isn't fun. But I'm glad that you are able to feel better within a few days! So everyone at home: no more sickness.

Last night while we were out it smelled a bit like fire down here, but people might just be doing burns too. We heard yesterday that the biggest fire in the US right now is in Idaho, near where Sister McCashland is from. I guess it's that time of year again!

Grandma and Grandpa Brown are moving? I never imagined that. But it makes since, they will be near Ada and Luis, and with Mitch and Amanda moving there too family will be close! I love that.

So I did get my raincoat and shoes this week! We had Zone interviews on thursday with President Sweeney and his wife and they were brought up from the valley. Wow! Thanks! I didn't know you got me three pair! They are all really nice, and I put on the black flat ones and they are great, perfect for the terrain :) and the raincoat is so nice! the rains are finally receding, but I hope I get a chance to use it soon :)

Last Tuesday I was in Snowflake with Hermana Sanchez, the Sister Training Leader from Spain. She is so funny, and her accent is so thick. She covers all the Spanish speakers in the area, but we didn't go see any while I was with her. Basically we just walked all over town in the heat and I thought about just sitting down and stopping. But I did it! and got my workout in too. We met with a 7th day Adventist (I think that's what they are called) and she pulled out an obscure Bible verse for us- Ecclesiastes 9:5-6. she asked what we thought about spirits and the dead and if they are with us here- basically it felt like she was trying to trip us up, but it sounded like she believed spirits were around us too, even though that scripture says the dead are dead and don't know the living. Funny lady, willing to talk to us, and liked the Book of Mormon, found some good stuff, but also some "wrong things" too. Meh. I don't see her becoming an investigator, but who knows? I'll have to ask Sister Sanchez about her and some point. Moral of the story: Know your Bible. also, know the history. she asked us about when they changed the Sabbath from saturday to sunday, I looked it up in True to the Faith, opened to Acts 20:7 , and she said, oh no, they were just doing something-or-other here. Whatever.

Basically, the prophets and the scriptures answer our questions. If we believe in the Book of Mormon and everything that goes with it, we believe the revelation from our prophets. We have that knowledge, which is an amazing thing. Just like Nephi (1 Nephi 11:17), we know that God loves us, and that is enough. He provides for us and we have faith in His plan. It will all work out, even when we don't understand.

I had a chance to do some family history! they have a great family history center here, and no one showed up to our YSA activity (no surprise) except the branch president and a counselor, so I got some help trying to look people up. If you get a change, do it! It is so amazing, and our Brown line is kinda fuzzy near the end of what we have. I think it needs to be cleaned up- a lot of it does actually! Elizabeth Hollist had three husbands, and two were Browns- and her children are all over the place. I can't wait to do more when I'm done here.

Good news! We're actually getting places with the people we're meeting with here! We have a ton of appointments for this week! And Shawn and Tatiana set a wedding date- November 2! Not as soon as we would have liked, but it is before they move in December, and Shawn can get baptized as soon as they're married.

Sweet Sister Owen is less active for health reasons. We told her about transfers coming up and she started crying. She was already imagining us at Thanksgiving dinner and thinking of what to get us for Christmas. We says, when I came in with Sister McCashland, something just clicked. We knew each other before. She mentioned Anne of Green Gables and called us all "kindred spirits." She says Sis M and I complement each other- she might be the only one who thinks so! I basically promised that I would come back after the mission and we would get our Thanksgiving together. I love her so much, it's incredible.

We are seeing progress here. The people trust us, and I love these people so much. I pray that I'll stay here another transfer, and truthfully I'm not too worried about it. I feel good about this area. I think I'll be here a little bit longer :) Hopefully! I'm not really for the heat! It gets up to 100 degrees here and that is more than enough for me!

I love all of you so much, and I miss you. I've been in Arizona almost a month and it sure is growing on me. I love it here. We'll have to come back and visit!!

Be safe, and work hard in school! It is so worth it in the end.

Remember, God loves you and hears your prayers! and I love you too!

Love, Hailey/ Sister Brown


ps- pictures next week I think! Send me some too!!!! and if you can see if Le had her baby!!!! check facebook maybe? haha thanks for everything you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment